How Can You Help?
Would you like to help Nittany Greyhounds? There are many ways to help from volunteering your time to donating goods. Here are a few of the things we are always in need of:
Obviously cash is always appreciated; and please know that every penny you donate will be used in service to these wonderful adoptable dogs.
Our bills in 2009 included almost $8,000 worth of medical bills and about $1,000 in dog food. Every little bit helps, and it doesn't matter the
amount. If we all give a little, we can do a lot! On behalf of the dogs, thanks! (And of course, the donation is tax deductible.)
- Fundraising letter
- FOSTER HOMES - Please email
- VOLUNTEERS for meet 'n greets. Email the contact person for the events listed on the 'Events Calendar' page or volunteer to plan a meet 'n greet yourself in your area.
- FUNDRAISING IDEA? We want to hear it! Email
- SPONSORS of Events, Ads, or other community awareness activities Email Ellen, our Special Events Coordinator at
- KNOW A LOCAL REPORTER? Encourage a story! Email
- DONATE DOG FOOD, Iams Chunks is what we normally feed our fosters
- DONATE MEDS such as Biospot or other monthly flea/tick repellent. We'd love to give a free month's tube to each dog adopted
- DONATE Biscuits/Treats, the dogs can't get enough of them
- STAMPS, Email
- ANY IDEAS? Great, volunteer to organize, plan and carry out the event, activity or etc. you have in mind! Email
- MERCHANDISE, we give a free leash and collar to every new adoptee. You could purchase a few Martingales and matching leashes and donate them.
- KNOW AN ARTIST? Why not ask them if they might create one or more custom greyhound items for an auction or for the goodie store? This could be a great fundraising idea for Nittany
FUND RAISERS are a great way to help us raise money
- Use igive.com to buy from online merchants, and use their iSearch to earn us money while you surf.
Now that Nittany Greyhounds has a kennel again, we have a whole new wish list of items you can contribute to help us take care of our adoptive greyhounds.
If you're unsure of what to contribute, aside from cash, keep in mind that gift cards are a great way to give back...
Lowes, Home Depot, Petco, WalMart, Sams Club are all places we shop for our everyday kennel needs.
- Paper Towels
- Soaps and Cleaners (Pine Sol Blue & Commercial Green Disinfectants)
- Blankets & Comforters or Dog Beds
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Adams Shampoo for dogs
- Frontline or Biospot
- First Aid Supplies
- Laundry Detergent with Disinfectant
- Green Spray Cleaners
- Dogfood (Purina One Lamb & Rice)
- Canned dogfood of any sort
- Biscuits or Treats
- Printer Paper
- Push Lawn Mowers
- String Trimmer
- Snow Blower and/or Shovels
- Front End Pro Washer (large capacity)
- Load of Gravel
- Edenpure Portable Heater
- Desktop or Laptop Computer for the Kennel
- 4 or 6-foot folding tables
- Small Chain Saw
- Tools of all sorts
- Service Contracts for Snow Plowing or Grass Mowing